Data Analyst is the seventh course in the CIW Web And Mobile Design series. This course teaches how to use data to analyze all aspects of a company’s operation and make appropriate business decisions. It focuses on Web-oriented data, and methods for analyzing data in order to create appropriate dashboards, reports and solutions.
To earn the CIW Data Analyst, you must take and pass one certification exam:
CIW Data Analyst: CIW Certification Exam (1D0-622).
The CIW Data Analyst course prepares candidates to take the CIW Data Analyst exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW Data Analyst certification.
This course teaches students how to identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, inventory management systems, transaction data, social media, marketing sources, industry systems. Students will compare and contrast structured and unstructured data in order to summarize how data can drive business decisions. The course also covers specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data, migrating data to or from the cloud, backup procedures, security issues, and user training.
- CIW Data Analyst (click for description & topics)
Course ComponentsIncludes the following components:
- Courseware study E-Books (Electronic Copy)
- Exam study guide
- Supplemental materials
- Video clips
- Course mastery
- Practice exams
- Online exercises
- Hands-on labs
- Certification exam voucher (optional)
- Identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, transaction data, social media, marketing sources.
- Compare and contrast structured and unstructured data.
- Web Designers
- Deploy specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data, migrating data to or from the cloud.
- Summarize ways that data is used to drive business decisions.
- Deploy tools for capturing and analyzing data, including Hadoop, R Project, custom database applications.
- Extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including Web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, customer relations.
- Determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes.
- Identify ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards (e.g., executive summaries), creating reports and charts, using traditional and Web-based tools.
- Web and graphic designers
- Web marketing professionals
- Web Designers
- Business professionals
- IT professionals
- Internet consultants
Practice exams are provided online to most closely simulate the experience of the Certification Exam. The aim of practice exams is to support learning and help assess specific knowledge in all learning objectives. They include objective reviews and quizzes, reinforcement tests, self-assessment tests and a time-limited test that consists of a random selection of questions.
CIW Data Analyst course prepare candidates to take the CIW 1D0-622 examination, once achieved, awards the student with the CIW Data Analyst Certification. For our CIW self-study kits, we are now moving to our new exam provider PSI for the exams for distance learning students. The PSI remote video proctoring service lets the student take CIW exams from the comfort of their own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high-speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session.
Course Lenght & Technical Support
This course can be completed in your own time, as a home study course you will have approximately 120 hours of study and 12 months to complete. All the technical support is provided directly by CIW via their student web portal.
The CIW Data Analyst courseware requires an understanding of spreadsheets, databases, business processes, web sites and coding. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Internet Business Associate, CIW Site Development Associate, CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist course, and CIW User Interface Designer, or equivalent knowledge.